Come and join us for an exclusive portfolio building portrait photography workshop with a professional model. By attending this shoot, you’ll get some stunning images to add to your portfolio and also learn how to create professional portraits under the guidance of commercial fashion photographer Ash K. You’ll even learn about image composition, exposure, and to make the best use of available light and modifiers to create outstanding images.
WHAT ALL WE’LL DO?
We’ll start with an introduction to portrait photography. We’ll discuss the creative tools and techniques required to create professional portraits. You’ll learn essential skills for controlling manual exposure and about the necessary equipment required for shooting, composing, and lining up the perfect shots.
Every photographer attending this shoot would get sufficient individual shooting time to create exclusively structured poses. We would have multiple variations in the shoot (location/background/lighting changes) to create a wide variety of images for our portfolios.
After the shoot, we may grab a coffee/meal together somewhere nice and affordable and swap stories about photography. So join us for a workshop you will LOVE. Don’t miss the opportunity to learn, network, and create some stunning imagery.
MODEL FOR THE SHOOT: Professional models sourced through Mega Models Agency – https://megamodels.com.au
DURATION: 3 hrs.
- First 30 mins: Introduction, set-up
- Next 1 hr.: Model shoot (variation 1)
- Next 1 hr.: Model shoot (variation 2)
- Last 30 mins: Images review, Q&A
SHOOT LOCATION: Brisbane (exact location provided to participants prior to the shoot).
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN ABOUT?
- Setting up your camera for portrait photography.
- Posing and directing a model.
- Which lenses and focal lengths to use for portraiture.
- How to use Manual Exposure on your camera to shoot portraits.
- How to make the best use of lights on location.
- Techniques to frame and compose your portraits.
WHAT TO BRING?
- Your camera & lens (recommended a DSLR or Mirrorless).
- Extra batteries and memory card.
- A notebook and pen, if you wish to take notes.
- BYO snacks/drinks (optional).
- Bring your happiness and positivity.
- Be ready and willing to learn and grow your photography skills.
WORKSHOP PRICE INCLUDES:
- Professional Model(s) hire.
- Assistance and guidance by a Professional Photographer.
- Studio hire (if required).
- Speed-lights or strobes (if required).
- Studio lights, modifiers, radio triggers, and backdrops (if required).
• All skill levels welcome
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
Refund offered if the workshop is canceled by us. For more info. on cancellation and refunds kindly view our terms & conditions – https://brisbanephotographic.com.au/terms-conditions/
ABOUT ASHK PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOPS
Brisbane Photographic Workshops is a Brisbane based photography group. We organize portfolio building Fashion & Glamour photography workshops around Brisbane and Gold Coast. The purpose of this group is to provide photographers an opportunity to work with fashion and glamour models and build a professional portfolio while shooting in a fun, creative and supportive environment. These photography workshops are hosted and mentored by award-winning fashion photographer Ash K – www.brisbanephotographic.com.au.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us
CONNECT WITH US
- Facebook Group: https://brisbanephotographic.com.au/facebook-group/
- Facebook Page: https://brisbanephotographic.com.au/facebook/
- Instagram: https://brisbanephotographic.com.au/instagram/
- Photography Workshops & Courses: https://brisbanephotographic.com.au/
- Photography Portfolio: https://brisbanephotographic.com.au/
At Brisbane Photographic Workshops, we are working towards bringing you access to the very best Photography meetups, cool events, and exclusive workshops, so stay tuned!
*** COVID-SAFE EVENT CONDITIONS ***
Please note that by booking this workshop you agree to the necessary precautions to ensure the safety of all participants and of our team. This includes:
- Adhering to a maximum number of persons (inclusive of your organizer) as per government advice
- Maintaining 1.5m social distancing at all times and 4m2 social distancing indoors – applicable between the organizer and all guests
- Learning outcomes will be provided by verbal explanation. The organizer will be unable to handle your cameras or review results on the LCD screen.
- Access to hand sanitizer during the event
- Wiping down / sanitization of all shared gear
*** WHO SHOULD NOT ATTEND? ***
- Anyone feeling unwell or awaiting COVID-19 test results
- Anyone who has traveled overseas within the last 14 days
- Anyone who has been in contact with any known positive COVID-19 person within the last 14 days
- Anyone at “greater risk of serious infection” as described by the Australian Government as follows:
- people aged 70 years and over
- people aged 65 years and over with chronic medical conditions
- people with a compromised immune system
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples 50 years and older with one or more chronic medical conditions
By booking an event, you agree to cooperate with all requirements and confirm you do not fall within one of the above-listed categories. If your situation changes between booking your event and the day of the event, please do not attend and reschedule your place by contacting us.