Learn how to shoot professional portraits while working with an agency represented professional model. By attending this course, you’ll get some stunning images to add to your portfolio and also learn how to create professional portraits under the guidance of a professional award-winning Brisbane photographer. You’ll learn about image composition, exposure, and to make the best use of available light and modifiers to create outstanding images.
WHAT ALL WE’LL DO?
We’ll start with an introduction to portrait photography. We’ll discuss the creative tools and techniques required to create professional portraits. You’ll learn essential skills for controlling manual exposure and about the necessary equipment required for shooting, composing, and lining up the perfect shots.
You would get sufficient individual shooting time to create exclusively structured poses. We would have 2 variations in the shoot (location/background/lighting changes) to create a wide variety of images for your portfolio.
• First 30 mins: Introduction & set-up
• Next 60 mins.: Model shoot (variation 1)
• Next 60 mins.: Model shoot (variation 2)
• Last 30 mins: Images review, Q&A
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN ABOUT?
• Setting up your camera for portrait photography.
• Posing and directing a model.
• Which lenses and focal lengths to use for portraiture.
• How to use Manual Exposure on your camera to shoot portraits.
• How to make the best use of lights on location.
• Techniques to frame and compose your portraits.
WORKSHOP PRICE INCLUDES:
• Professional Model hire (2 hrs).
• Studio hire (if required).
• Speed-lights or strobes (if required).
• Studio lights, modifiers, radio triggers, and backdrops (if required).
WHAT TO BRING?
• Your camera & lens (recommended a DSLR or Mirrorless).
• Extra batteries and memory card.
• Speed-lights or strobes would be provided by us.
• A notebook and pen, if you wish to take notes.
• BYO snacks/drinks (optional).
• Bring your happiness and positivity.
• Be ready and willing to learn and grow your photography skills.
BENEFITS OF LEARNING AS A ONE-ON-ONE
Our One-to-One sessions are delivered to you as an individual rather than a group. These tuitions allow for a more personalized approach to learning and can be tailored to suit your specific needs, interests and skill level. Whether you are a complete novice or wanting to learn more advanced techniques, we can help you to understand the basics, answer your questions and spend valuable time guiding you as you take photos and advise you on the results. A major advantage of our one-on-one training is that it offers the perfect platform for raising queries that you have been seeking answers for and are unable to find researching online or watching videos. It’s like having your own personal trainer that caters to your taste and instantly answers all your questions. These sessions are conducted at our office in Brisbane City but for convenience, we can even come to your home, place of business or a location of your choice (Brisbane area only).