Have you recently purchased a new DSLR or a digital camera and have no clue how it works? or have had one for some time, but you never took it off the “Auto” mode because you’re not sure how to take full creative control of it. No matter what type of camera you have, you can learn how to improve your photos with this great short photography course for beginners. In this workshop, we will teach you how to take stunning photos while exploring various photographic techniques. You will learn some advanced composition skills and understand how to shoot under different lighting conditions.
WHAT ALL WE’LL DO?
We’ll help you to understand your DSLR and show you how to get off that “Auto” mode and start using your camera more creatively and effectively. It’s the perfect starting point if you’re new to photography or even a good refresher course to understand different camera modes and settings.
DURATION: 2 hrs.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN ABOUT?
• Difference between types of cameras (full-frame vs crop vs micro 4/3).
• Megapixels, Resolution and Image Sizes.
• RAW files v JPEG files and which one to use and when.
• Learn where the magic happens with your Shooting Modes: Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, and Manual.
• Metering Modes and How to Use Them.
• Mastering Focus Modes – Autofocus, Autofocus Continuous and Manual Focus (so you never miss a shot again!).
• Depth Of Field – Learn to create beautiful out-of-focus backgrounds (or front to back sharpness for your landscapes!).
• Lenses, Lens Choice and Focal Lengths.
• Essential Equipment: Filters, Tripods, Accessories – what’s worth buying and what’s not.
• Understanding and controlling Exposure.
• Aperture and shutter speeds, what are they and how do they affect the image.
• The advantages of using the manual versus auto.
• Shooting in changing light (including night photography).
• How ISO works and how to take pictures in low light.
• Understanding White Balance for more accurate color in-camera.
• How to shoot fast-moving subjects.
• How to shoot Portraits.
• How to shoot cityscapes and Landscapes.
• For non-members: $95
• For VIP members: $70
HOW TO BUY TICKETS?
• RSVP through Meetup and pay via PayPal.
• Or visit our website – https://brisbanephotographic.com.au
• On our website, you can use coupon code BNE10 to get $10 off your first booking.
Our VIP membership is an annual subscription that offers a wide range of benefits to our members. To find out more, kindly visit – https://brisbanephotographic.com.au/vip-membership/
WHAT TO BRING?
• Your camera & lens (recommended a DSLR or Mirrorless).
• Extra batteries and memory card.
• Speed-lights or strobes would be provided by us (BYO optional).
• A notebook and pen, if you wish to take notes.
• BYO snacks/drinks (optional).
• Bring your happiness and positivity.
• Be ready and willing to learn and grow your photography skills.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
Refund offered if the workshop is canceled by us. For more info. on cancellation and refunds kindly view our terms & conditions – https://brisbanephotographic.com.au/terms-conditions/
ABOUT THE ORGANIZER
This workshop is organized by Brisbane Photographic in collaboration with Hallmark Photography Brisbane. Voted as top 10 in Brisbane, Hallmark Photography specializes in creative wedding photography, cinematic wedding films, and professional portraits. To find out more kindly visit – https://hallmarkphotography.com.au/
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us
• Web: https://brisbanephotographic.com.au
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Phone: 0450770777
• Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/brisbanephotographic/
• Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/brisbanephotographic/
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/brisbanephotographic/
At the Brisbane Photographic, we are working hard to bring you access to the very best Photography meetups, cool events, and exclusive workshops, so stay tuned!